I want to thank anyone who pops by here. This might never be an incredibly organized blog with a consistent schedule of beautiful recipes and exciting content. I try not to make it just a vegan blog, or an outlet focused on ethics, although that is something I feel strongly about, that's just not entirely what I'm doing here. This is my take on a vegan lifestyle, a collection of thoughtfully sourced products, a balance of nourishing recipes and vegan indulgences, and my experiences.
- It's hard to believe how much vegan frozen food I ate while in college, a habit that was shrugged off after eating at enough of Philly's finer restaurants and developing my palate, and I have to thank my food-obsessed friends for showing me the way.
- I also have no clue what anything I wrote pre-2009 even meant. I was incredibly sober and innocent, except when I was not.
- In 2010, I fell hard for raw food. It was inspiring and totally different and never boring, and it changed my health, my body, and the way that I think about food.
- 2011 was my favorite blog year. I spent more time in the kitchen than ever before, took too many photos, and had so much energy. The recipe ideas flowed.
- I make a really good cocktail now.
This year, things will be a little different. I'm living in a more rural town for the first time, which happens to be a very green and vegan-welcome place, but it's certainly not Philly, where I was constantly out and about at blogger events, restaurant openings, and cooking for lots of friends and parties. My pace here is...slow, and relaxed, and enjoyable, and I prepare a lot of quinoa-bean bowls because our grad student budget is okay with that. I'll be posting recipes and travels when I feel that they're special, and I hope you'll stick with me as we prepare to step into the hospitality industry when this year is through.
XOXO, namaste, cheers, and all of that,
P.S. I'll be in Philly next week, in the usual places, and perhaps some new ones? You tell me! Or let's drink together.